HAMERSLEY ROVERS JUNIOR FC
Teams and Competitions
We have been running our in-house Lil’ Hammers program since 2016, and is growing in popularity every year.
The program is coordinated in partnership with Pro Football Training (PFT), and focuses on fun, small-sided games that provide the opportunity for lots of touches of the ball.
Sessions are held on Saturday Mornings:
8:00 — 9:00am Under 7’s
9:15 — 10:15am 5–6’s
10:30 — 11:30am Under 8’s
Benefits of the program include:
- All games are played at our home ground, Carine Open Space so no need to travel for “away” games.
- Emphasis on skills development as our games are in house and not against other clubs.
- Flexibility in terms of being able to monitor, assess and or move players between teams if required.
- A greater level of support and mentoring for game leaders, coaches, and managers as they are all at the club’s home ground
- Mentoring by experienced in-house and professional PFT coaches.
The Mini Roos competition is designed to help young players transition to progressively larger pitches and formal rules.
The focus is on development, and as such there is no league table and no formal referees.
Instead there is a game leader, who’s role is to keep the game moving fluently, limit stoppages and assist players with all match re-starts. Most importantly, their role is to create an environment that ensures that all players have fun, are learning the game, and have maximum involvement.
Mini Roos games are held on Sunday Mornings, with the HRJFC home games at our secondary home grounds at Sheldrake Reserve , Stirling.
Junior competitions are played on a full-sized pitch with formal referees and league tables.
There are inter-divisional cup-games through-out the year in addition to an 18 week home-and-away season. The team finishing top of their division is crowned the League Winner, and the top four teams from each division play-off in a “Top Four Finals” campaign at the end of the season.
Training days and times are agreed upon by the team coaches and players.
Mini Roos teams are encouraged to train for a single one-hour session each week.
Junior teams can train up to two sessions per week.
Training is at Carine Open Space between 4:30pm and 7:30pm Monday to Friday.
We also organise pre-season training sessions for combined age groups prior to team placements.
Throughout the year we also provide specialised Keeper Training.
Although Football West try to put together fixtures for the season, these change regularly due to a number of reasons including:
- Teams changing divisions in the first few weeks of the season
- Teams folding due to lack of numbers
- Requests by clubs to change kickoff times and venues due to space limitations and conflicting start times
Therefore we strongly recommend you do not look past the current week when checking game times and venues.